Departament of Pharmacology and Chemotherapy
The department was established in 1953 by Professor V.A. Shorin. Currently, the lab is headed PhD MD Ivan D. Treschalin
- Head of Lab, PhD MD, Ivan D. Treshalin
- Leading scientist, ScD, Eleonora R. Pereverzeva
- Leading scientist, ScD, Elena P. Mirchink
- Research associate, ScD, Vladimir M. Bukhman
- Research associate, PhD, Vasilisa A. Golibrodo
- Research associate, Mikhail I. Treschalin
- Research associate, Elena B. Isakova
- Laboratory assistant, Tamara B. Shataeva
- Laboratory assistant, Marina V. Generalova
- Laboratory assistant, Olga V. Yampolskaya
- Laboratory assistant, Oksana S. Belokrysenko
- Head of vivarium, Michael S. Calesian
Main Research Areas:
- The preclinical assessment of the safety of potential new pharmaceuticals;
- Acute Toxicity Testing
- Subchronic and сhronic toxicity studies, including morphological evaluations of internal organs;
- reproductive toxicity, embryo toxicity, and teratogenicity
- potential for accumulation of effects
- local tissue tolerance
- mutagenic potential
- The preclinical assessment of antitumor activity of new compounds on syngeneic transplantable murine tumors
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of antimicrobial activity of biologically active substances of different origin
- The study of drug delivery systems for antitumor and antibacterial antibiotics
- Data on specific (antibacterial, antifungal or antitumor) activity of more than 400 new compounds were obtained. Selected Promising candidates for further research.
- Preclinical study of the activity and toxicity of more than 40 drugs of different classes was carried out. Documents have been prepared to obtain permission for clinical trials of 5 original target anticancer drugs, 2 antifungal and 1 antibacterial antibiotics developed in GINA.
- Dicarbamin - new modifier of hematotoxicity of cytostatics - has been studied. The drug is introduced into clinical practice as hematoprotector with intensive anticancer chemotherapy.
- A preclinical toxicological study of the combined use of ultrasonic hyperthermia and antitumor chemotherapy was carried out. Permission for clinical application of a new method of complex therapy of soft tissue sarcoma was obtained.
- The principal possibility of reducing cardio - and gonadotoxicity of doxorubicin when used in nanosomal drug formulation has been proved. The drug NanoDox (Drugs Technology Ltd) is in phase 2 clinical trial.
- The previously unknown property of products of deep lignin hydrolysis to cause ectopic neogenesis of lymph nodes in animal tissues has been experimentally discovered. Received the diploma on the discovery.
- The property of ascorbigen to increase nonspecific resistance of the organism has been discovered. It was shown, that ascorbigen is a modifier of protective reactions and can be used to reduce toxicity of antitumor drugs.
List of selected references is HERE
- Blokhin Cancer Center, Moscow, Russia
- National Research Center for Hematology, Moscow, Russia
- Research institute of human morphology, Moscow, Russia
- Research Institute of Oncology. N. N. Petrova, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
- Kurnakov Institute of general and inorganic chemistry RAS
- Institute of molecular medicine of Sechenov University, Moscow, Russia
- Center of theoretical problems of physico-chemical pharmacology, Moscow, Russia
- «Apto-Pharm» LTD, Moscow, Russia
- «Institute of pharmaceutical technologies» LTD, Moscow, Russia
- Nanosystem LTD, Moscow, Russia
- Drugs Technology Ltd, Moscow, Russia
Contacts: Phones: +7(499)245-57-61; E-mail: email@example.com