Department for the Development of Methods for Discovering Biologically Active Compounds
Established in 1997 as sector, Laboratory since 2016. Head: Alexey S. Trenin, Sc.D.
- A. S. Trenin, Sc.D., Head of Department;
- O. P. Bychkova, Ph.D., Sen. Researcher;
- T. M. Kopylova, Ph.D., Sen. Researcher;
- E. A. Tsvigun, Researcher;
- M. A. Maksimova, Junior Researcher;
- E. M. Pichugina, Laboratory Assistant;
- O. A. Naumenko, Laboratory Assistant
Main research areas:
- Development of new methods for search and identification of antibiotics and other biologically active substances of microbial origin, enhancement of screening procedure
- Development of new microbiological and biochemical models for the search of new antibiotics exhibiting antimicrobial, antiviral, antitumoral and hypolipidemic activity
- Search for new antibacterial, antifungal and antineoplastic antibiotics, as well as hypolipidemic substances that are efficient in prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis and fungal disease
- Studies of mechanisms of antibiotic action
- New methods of research and identification of antibiotics and biologically active microbial substances (according to the mechanism of action) have been developed and implemented at the Institute’ screening work for isolation of new antibiotics
- New models and systems for screening of novel inhibitors of sterol biosynthesis, as well as antifungal and antineoplastic antibiotics have been developed
- Screening of microbial metabolites exhibiting hypolipidemic activity has been performed, and several substances perspective for treatment of various kinds of dislipoproteinemia have been isolated.
- New microbial metabolites with antifungal activity that inhibit sterol biosynthesis have been isolated, as well as antifungal and antitumoral antibiotics, that are perspective for further development of drugs for treatment of appropriate disorders
- New microbial metabolites that inhibit sterol biosynthesis have been isolated, as well as antifungal and antitumoral antibiotics, which are perspective for further development of drugs for treatment of appropriate disorders
- The mode of action of isolated antibiotics exhibiting antibacterial, antifungal, antitumor and hypolipidemic activity has been elucidated at cellular and subcellular level. The structure-activity relationships for polyene antibiotics, derivatives of tris(1-alkylindol-3-yl)methylium and other groups of substances have been established.
To look through the list of main publications of the sector click HERE
- Department of Microbiology, Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Institute of Microbiology, Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow)
- Innovation Technological Center of Biologically Active Compounds, Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow)
- Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry
- Mechnikov Research Institute for Vaccines and Sera, Moscow, Russia
- Institute of Immunology, Federal Medical-Biological Agency
Contact information: : Department for the Development of Methods for Discovery of Biologically Active Compounds, Gause Institute of New Antibiotics, Russian Academy of Sciences, 11 Bolshaya Pirogovskaya Street, Moscow 119021, RUSSIA.
Phone: +7(499) 246-27-51; +79060339851; e-mail: email@example.com