Microbiology SectionEstablished in 1953 under the direction of Professor G. F. Gause. Since 1986 the Section was headed by Сorresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences Yu. V. Dudnik and since 2003 by Sc.D., Honored Scientist of Russia, Professor Larissa P. Terekhova
The Section includes::
- Department of Taxonomic Research and Culture Collection of Microorganisms
- Division of Searching for Natural Compounds that Overcome Bacterial Resistance
Department of Taxonomic Research and Culture Collection of MicroorganismsEstablished in 1965 by Professor T. P. Preobrazhenskaya, since 1988 is headed by Sc.D., Honored Scientist of Russia, Professor Larissa P. Terekhova
- L. P. Terekhova, Sc.D., Professor, Head of Department;
- N. G. Kulikova, Ph.D., Researcher;
- O. N. Sinyova, Researcher;
- T. D. Ivankova, Researcher;
- E. V. Ustinova, Engineer;
- E. A. Kurakina, Engineer
Main research areas:
- Isolation of microorganisms from natural sources and investigation of their diversity.
- Studies of the biological activity of the isolated cultures and the initial selection of producers of most promising biologically active substances.
- Development of new methods for the isolation of actinomycetes to promote the detection of their diversity and the isolation of rare cultures.
- Isolation of actinomycetes-endophytes from plant leaves.
- Taxonomic studies with actinomycetes isolated from natural habitats.
- An effective system of primary identification of the producers of known antibiotics has been created.
- Methods for isolating actinomycetes from natural sources using chemical, physical and biological factors have been developed.
- The original producers of a series of antibacterial and antitumor antibiotics, including clinically important agents, e.g. gramicidin S, monomycin (paromomycin), colimycin (neomycin), albomycin, ristomycin, lincomycin, kanamycin, heliomycin, olivomycin, bruneiomycin (streptomigrin), rubomycin (daunorubicin ), carminomycin and bleomycetin (bleomycin) have been isolated.
- New species of actinomycetes have been described and included in the Approved Lists of Bacterial Names.
- A collection of microorganisms (acronym INA) was created, including antibiotic producers, type strains and strains of rare genera of actinomycetes.
- Lomonosov Moscow State University: Faculty of Biology, Faculty of Soil Science
- Skryabin Institute of Biochemistry and Physiology of Microorganisms (IBPM RAS) (Pushchino, Moscow region)
- A.N. Belozersky Research Institute of Physico-Chemical Biology MSU
- Winogradsky Institute of Microbiology RAS
Division of Searching for Natural Compounds that Overcome Bacterial Resistance
Established in 1997. Head: Olga V. EFREMENKOVA, Ph.D.
- O. V. Efremenkova, Ph.D., Head of Division;
- I. A. Malanicheva, Ph.D., Sen. Researcher;
- N. D. Malkina, Ph.D., Researcher;
- A. A. Glukhova, Researcher;
- T. A. Efimenko, Researcher;
- I. G. Sumarukova, Researcher;
- Y. V. Boykova, Researcher;
- B. F. Vasilyeva, Researcher;
- M. V. Dem'yankova, Sen. Technician;
- A. A. Karabanova, Technician
Main research areas:
- Search for antibiotic producers that overcome antibiotic resistance of microorganisms.
- Development of cultural collection of antibiotic producers.
- Design of general and specific methods to induct antibiotic biosynthesis.
- To improve the selection of antibiotic producers in the early stages of screening, the original methods were developed.
- Identification of the major taxonomic and ecological groups of organisms suitable for the search of antibiotic producers.
- The creation of collection of actinomycetes, fungi and eubacteria as antibiotic producers (846 strains).
- To increase the efficiency of biosynthesis of actinomycete-producing antibiotics, regulators of the A-factor group were used.
- Winogradsky Institute of Microbiology RAS(Moscow, Russian Federation)
- Department of Mycology and Algology, Biological Faculty, Lomonosov Moscow State University (Moscow) (Pushchino, Moscow region, Russian Federation)
- Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry. M.M. Shemyakin and Yu.A. Ovchinnikov Institute RAS (Moscow)(Moscow, Russian Federation)
- A.N. Belozersky Institute Of Physico-Chemical Biology Moscow State University (Moscow) (Moscow, Russian Federation)
- Federal State Budgetary Institution “Academician V.I.Shumakov Federal Research Center of Transplantology and Artificial Organs”, Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (Moscow, Russian Federation)
- Federal State Budgetary Institution “Academician V.I.Shumakov Federal Research Center of Transplantology and Artificial Organs”, Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation
- Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology RAS
Contact information: Tel. (499) 255-20-13; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Publications of the Sector of the Search for Natural Compounds Overcoming the Resistance of Bacteria is HERE